Re: [opensuse] strange samba rsync problem
  • From: G T Smith <grahamsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 15:38:59 +0100

Damon Register wrote:
I am having a lot of trouble trying to get a SuSE pc to connect to my
samba server in such a way that rsync works. Here is the setup. I have
a Samba server running on Solaris 10. It has been running for 2 years
and the Windows pc connects just fine and I have even used cygwin
rsync in the past to backup up to that mapped drive

Have you considered using rsyncd (the rsync daemon) on the host server?
This is largely FS independent, you do not need mount anything, and it
is not that hard to set up.

- --
telephone.

Bjarne Stroustrup