Re: [opensuse] Recover md RAID-1.
  • From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 14:31:22 +0200
On 2008-08-31T11:02:49, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

mdadm: failed to RUN_ARRAY /dev/md0: input/output error

I can force mount /dev/sda2 or /dev /sdb1 to mount as ext3 and I can
read the data just fine.

If the data is fine, I would assemble the array in degraded mode using
just one of the two drives, then hot-add the 2nd one later.

Exactly.

It's the only choice he has right now anyway, given that he has
corrupted the mirror by mounting the sda/sdb devices separately (they
now hold divergent data, and trying to assemble both into a mirror would
crash).

Backup the data. Start the mirror in degraded mode with one drive. Wipe
the other drive. Add it to the mirror (which will do a full resync).

And then don't do it again ;-)

Regards,
Lars