Re: [opensuse] How to allocate more space to windows...
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 23:35:39 -0500
On Sunday 31 August 2008 11:14:19 pm Mukul Singh wrote:
Hi all,

I have a laptop which came with Windows Vista. I installed OpenSuse 10.3
on it. The total hard disk was 160 GB out of which opensuse is using
around 100 GB. Is it possible to allocate more space to Vista?

Regards

Yes.
The easiest is to resize Linux partition at the end of disk, and then let
Vista format and use created empty space.
More work is if you want to give Vista single bigger partition. It includes
backing up your data in Linux, delete all Linux partitions, enlarge Vista
partition and then install Linux in the rest of the space.

More details on Linux partitions, formatting and how much space you want for
Vista will help to give more specific advice.

--
Regards, Rajko