Re: Cisco VPN Client (WAS: Re: [opensuse] Re: Checkinstall dropped from Opensuse )
  • From: Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 14:00:11 -0700
Kai Ponte wrote:
On Monday 09 June 2008 01:54:22 pm Sloan wrote:

Nicely integrated though it may be, I've never had any success with
kvpnc and a cisco vpn connection, and I've noticed similar reports from
others on this list, but no fix. So, I have been using the cisco vpn
client from the command line, and it works well.

Invariably, if I get the urge to use kvpnc to connect to the cisco vpn,
I attempt to initiate the vpn connection, then network manager dies,
disappears from the panel, and can't be restarted. Networking is hosed
from then on. end of story.

Now, that blows.

I just tried connecting using kvpnc again and had no luck.
Fortunately, Network Manager did not get FUBAR.

Well that's progress, so I suppose there is some encouragement to be had from that. Perhaps some day in the not too distant future, the developers could have a look at that, and maybe even get it all working.

Joe