Re: [opensuse] Re: Packaging tutorial
  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 22:07:30 +0700
On Monday 09 June 2008, Hans Krueger wrote:
Philipp Thomas wrote:
* Damon Register (damon.w.register@xxxxxxxx) [20080609 14:32]:
Were you referring to the IRC or this list?

Neither :) I have been convinced that a tutorial in the openSUSE wiki is
the best way. Additional questions could be dealt with on a mailing list,
but it would be opensuse-packaging or opensuse-programming and not this
ml.

I don't have any preference but perhaps a perl one could be
included.

I guess I'll start with CPAN module.

Philipp

this is getting good
please keep us informed

Just to show you difficult it would be to go from Checkinstall to packaging or
to writing a .spec file is the list of favored programs to include into
preferred list.
I had to look up CPAN. found "Comprehensive Perl Archive Network " and after
reading the wiki I am still troubled. It is a area which I have never been
in.
Anything more difficult than the checkinstall mechanism is a travel into
misery land.