Re: [opensuse] Re: Checkinstall dropped from Opensuse
  • From: "John Andersen" <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 16:33:43 -0700
On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 8:10 AM, Rajko M. <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sunday 08 June 2008 02:55:09 pm John Andersen wrote:
On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 10:43 AM, Philipp Thomas <philipp.thomas2@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 05:19:34 -0500, Rajko M. wrote:
The openSUSE wiki is good way.
Write once, link many times.

Nah, I don't think it's suitable for this as the interactivity is
missing.

What good does the interactivity do for the user wanting to
learn this next summer?

IRC is a total waste of time.

Yes and no John.
Each has its application.
Wiki is good to document stuff, but if you have questions than IRC can be very
fast help, although it has limitation in global community as it doesn't cut
well when questions come from all time zones.

I guess that Philip will do the best to lay basics on the wiki, and include
links to IRC and packaging mail list.

I should have said IRC is a waste of Philipp's time, unless he plans to
do it 24/7 for years to come.

Do it once, put it in the wiki and edit the Wiki to include follow-up questions.
Let others add to it, and pretty soon you have a complete How-To.
Thats what wikis are for, No?