Re: [opensuse] Re: Checkinstall dropped from Opensuse
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 10:10:36 -0500
On Sunday 08 June 2008 02:55:09 pm John Andersen wrote:
On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 10:43 AM, Philipp Thomas <philipp.thomas2@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 05:19:34 -0500, Rajko M. wrote:
The openSUSE wiki is good way.
Write once, link many times.

Nah, I don't think it's suitable for this as the interactivity is
missing.

What good does the interactivity do for the user wanting to
learn this next summer?

IRC is a total waste of time.

Yes and no John.
Each has its application.
Wiki is good to document stuff, but if you have questions than IRC can be very
fast help, although it has limitation in global community as it doesn't cut
well when questions come from all time zones.

I guess that Philip will do the best to lay basics on the wiki, and include
links to IRC and packaging mail list.

--
Regards, Rajko
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal needs helpful hands.