Re: [opensuse] Re: Checkinstall dropped from Opensuse [Was: Compiling the Suse way]
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 19:43:19 -0400
Philipp Thomas wrote:
On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 20:33:12 +0200, Wolfgang Woehl wrote:

Right. What's there to discuss? You made a mistake, it happens.

The only mistake I made was to think I had dropped it :) As I already
wrote, I had wanted to do it but somehow never really did it, as an
installation of openSUSE 11.0 RC2 showed me.

Now the only thing left is to think of how I may possibly pass on the
knowledge so that people stop using checkinstall.

Philipp
Before you do that, make sure there's a viable replacement available. Otherwise you'll be creating a problem for many users.