Re: [opensuse] results of hard disk configuration survey
  • From: David Bolt <bcrafhfr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 19:45:38 +0100
On Sat, 7 Jun 2008, Per Jessen wrote:-

Larry Stotler wrote:

How about a survey about memory? There was just a big debate over it
in another thread, and I for one would be interested to see How much
RAM and what type people use. Something that would allow you to list
up to 5 different machines and the memory type. ie:

You could set up one yourself on surveymonkey.com.

If he does, I hope he doesn't limit it to only 5 machines. There are
probably people that have more than 5 different systems, with quite
difference specifications, and limiting it to 5 would mean picking and
choosing between them.

In my case, as you can see from my .sig, I have at least 6 PC class
systems, and a G3/333 PPC. There are another 4 systems that aren't
listed partly because there's not enough space, partly because they're
still running an EOL'd[0] version, or because they're running a version
that's already listed.

[0] A laptop with no CD drive, no built-in network adapter, and only
160MiB RAM, still running SuSE 9.1 quite fast enough despite only having
a P2-300 processor. It would have been SuSE 9.2 but that made it
incredibly sluggish although a short investigation never showed the
reason for it.

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: http://www.distributed.net/ OGR-P2 @ ~100Mnodes RC5-72 @ ~15Mkeys
SUSE 10.1 32bit | | openSUSE 10.3 32bit | openSUSE 11.0RC1