Re: [opensuse] Re: Checkinstall dropped from Opensuse [Was: Compiling the Suse way]
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 10:45:14 +0200
And setting a (probably even chroot'ed) build root up is a task for an
experienced programmer and not for someone who just wants a local RPM
package quickly done (say, for a perl module that's not available at SUSE's
repository).

If you don't recognize that, you lost contact with the your user base.
(Please note, I *know* how to handle these situations and I have my own
build environments for cases like this. But I see the problem that Carlos
and others are facing, while you don't seem to see them.)

Well stated, and VERY accurate. I couldn't have said it better
myself. Thank you for being so clear and articulate on this Joachim.

C.