Re: [opensuse] Checkinstall dropped from Opensuse [Was: Compiling the Suse way]
On Friday 06 June 2008 08:07:23 am Carlos E. R. wrote:
The Friday 2008-06-06 at 06:33 -0700, Kai Ponte wrote:
Not sure why running a privilage like LD_PRELOAD for the five seconds or
so that Checkinstall runs would be a security risk.

Anyone care to explain?

Five seconds is a world to a cpu. Anyway, I assume it is a global measure,
nothing can use that.

that's a bummer

i'll have to grab the source so I can build it.

--
kai
www.filesite.org || www.4thedadz.com || www.perfectreign.com