Re: [opensuse] Checkinstall dropped from Opensuse [Was: Compiling the Suse way]
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 12:31:46 +0200 (CEST)

The Friday 2008-06-06 at 11:19 +0200, Philipp Thomas wrote:

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 03:18:53 +0200 (CEST), Carlos E. R. wrote:

Not for you programmers, but it is for us plain users.

O come on! It's mostly the same commands you issue on the command line
plus a few lines in the header and you have tons of examples plus the
documentation in the opensuse wiki.

You gotta be kiddin!

I look at a spec file generated by checkinstall, and I see a few sections like summary or name that are easy enough. But then there is a large list listing every single file and directory that the rpm has to have. Where on earth can I get that huge list? I'm looking at one with 300+ lines of files, one I often build.

I have no way to create that!

Only the developer of that library knows what needs to be included.

Commands I can type, I'm not afraid of typing. But this is a job for a developer, not a user. Even an advanced user.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.