[opensuse] Checkinstall dropped from Opensuse [Was: Compiling the Suse way]
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 03:18:53 +0200 (CEST)

The Friday 2008-06-06 at 02:55 +0200, Philipp Thomas wrote:

I guess its been a while since I've needed to build an RPM. So how does
one go about making a home rolled RPM for opensuse these days??

I guess it boils down to writing a .spec file, i.e. really building your
own rpm. It isn't that hard, really!

Not for you programmers, but it is for us plain users.

I don't care about the produced rpm, I'm not going to distribute it anywere; I simply want to fool the rpm database into thinking there is such rpm installed and stop yast from wanting to install the official one I removed to install mine instead. And it makes life so much easier when I want to remove what I installed.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.