Re: [opensuse] Getting SSH to Work
  • From: Rick Bilonick <rab@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 16:18:34 -0400

On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 16:09 +0200, Ingolf Steinbach wrote:
2008/6/4 Rick Bilonick <rab@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
If I deliberately type in the wrong password, it comes back instantly
saying "permission denied, please try again." When and only when I type
in the correct password, it just sits there.

So, there is no need for traceroute or other network analysis tools
(at least for now). Maybe I have missed it, but I believe, you have
not yet told us what the sshd (on the machine you try to connect to)
writes to syslog when you attempt to log in. I am pretty sure that
this information will significantly help you/us solve the problem.

Regards
Ingolf

I will check when I get home. Although it is not my biggest problem now.
I downloaded and burned SLED SP2 and updated the HP 2133. Now I have no
wireless access at all. All the connection info still shows in nm-applet
(edit) but it now does not detect any networks (even though there are
many networks). The wireless device does not seem to exist (even though
it is set to activate on boot).

Rick B.