Re: [opensuse] Getting SSH to Work
  • From: "Ingolf Steinbach" <ingolf.steinbach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 16:09:22 +0200
2008/6/4 Rick Bilonick <rab@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
If I deliberately type in the wrong password, it comes back instantly
saying "permission denied, please try again." When and only when I type
in the correct password, it just sits there.

So, there is no need for traceroute or other network analysis tools
(at least for now). Maybe I have missed it, but I believe, you have
not yet told us what the sshd (on the machine you try to connect to)
writes to syslog when you attempt to log in. I am pretty sure that
this information will significantly help you/us solve the problem.

Regards
Ingolf