Re: [opensuse] Getting Rid of ZENworks
  • From: Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 11:09:10 -0700
Rick Bilonick wrote:
How does want prevent ZENWorks from causing problems? Every time I try
to install a package, even from the SLED 10.1 DVD, ZENWorks is involved
and can never be used - it ALWAYS times out after wasting a great deal
of time?

You probably mean zen, not zenworks right? two different things.
Also, zypper isn't available on sled, you'll want to use "rug" if you want a command line tool.

I've tried using zypper but cannot get it to install an rpm that stored
on the hard drive.

For installing an rpm on local disk, just "rpm -ivvh <name of rpm file>"

Joe