[opensuse] compatible graphic tablets
  • From: Allen <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 23:14:02 +1000
Hi,

I am planning on getting a graphic tablet for drawing and such, and
after looking around on the net, seem to be finding only conflicting
information on device compatibility with opensuse 10.3. I am after a
6"x9" or there abouts.

The Wacom tablets seem well supported, but different people seem to
report the new Wacom Bamboo series don't work with the current kernel.

Other devices seem to be mostly UC-Logic chips, and while there is
plenty of info for ubuntu (again, mostly contradictory regarding
operation status) there is little about opensuse. The WizardPen driver
seems to work for some, but again newer kernels seem to present
problems.

If you have a tablet working under 10.3, could you please let me know
the brand and model, what driver it uses, and any difficulties in setup.
Also any particular comments on usability with opensuse (buttons,
pressure sensitivity etc) would also be helpful.

Thanks,
Allen