Re: [opensuse] Howto Configure MTU and RWIN in OpenSuse 10.3
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 15:10:03 +0200
Philippe Landau wrote:

I did: kdesu kwrite /etc/sysctl.conf and added the following lines:
fs.inotify.max_user_watches = 65536
net.core.rmem_max = 8738000
net.core.wmem_max = 6553600
net.ipv4.tcp_rmem = 8192 256960 8738000
net.ipv4.tcp_wmem = 4096 655360 6553600

Is that the right place and syntax ?

It's the right place - I don't know the syntax, but check the current
settings with cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_rmem etc. and you'll see the
syntax.

Different distributions handle this differently.

I think sysctl.conf is standard.

Where can i look this up for OpenSuse 10.3 ?
I rebooted but got no change so far.

The sysctl changes are done by /etc/init.d/boot.sysctl

Ubuntu had problems with the high load of connections
my p2p applications produce. Is OpenSuse a good tool for this ?

What sort of problems did you experience with Ubuntu?

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich