Re: [opensuse] Getting SSH to Work
  • From: "Michael Mientus" <michael.mientus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 06:44:11 -0500
On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 10:32 PM, Rick Bilonick <rab@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm running SLED 10.1. sshd is running (I can ssh to localhost) and I've
opened port 22 for ssh in the firewall. I can access web pages (which
means I have access to the Internet) but I cannot access two other
computers (even using their IP's). (I can access these computers from
another laptop running Fedora 8 through the same wireless router.)

So there are four computers: comp1, comp2, Fedora8, SLED 10.1

And you can access comp1 and comp2 from Fedora8 but not from SLED 10.1, correct?

How can I determine what is going wrong? I've tried disabling the
firewall completely (although it always seems to come on by itself) to
see if it was blocking ssh. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If my understanding is correct then what is the error message on SLED 10.1?

Mike