Re: [opensuse] KDE4 and opensuse 11.0 [changed]
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 11:19:03 +0200
On Wednesday 28 May 2008 23:10:07 Herbert Graeber wrote:
On Wednesday 28 May 2008 22:30:14 Anders Johansson wrote:
On Wednesday 28 May 2008 15:13:28 Randall R Schulz wrote:
And along those lines, what sort of settings / config compatibility
issues might we expect if we do switch off between KDE 3 and KDE 4? Are
the two wholly separate? A completely separate complement of
applications and libraries using a completely non-overalapping set of
configuration and settings files?

Just like now in 10.3, they are more or less completely separate. kde3
stores its config in .kde and kde4 in .kde4, and the applications are
completely separate

Commit for kdeabse4-openSUSE from today:

-opt-in kde3->kde4 config migration (bnc#372170)

Right, there's a migration tool that copies your kde 3 settings in to .kde4 on
first start of a kde 4 session. That means if you want to use KDE 4 apps
under KDE 3 you either need to copy their settings and data by hand or login
once to get the tool to run.

There is no copy back in the other direction (too hard).

Will

  • No further messages