Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 11 Video and Network problems
  • From: "Gabriel Stein" <gabrielstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 19:58:13 -0300
OK. Sorry Kevin. Thanks by the hint.

Redirecting...

Cheers.

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Kevin Dupuy <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 14:51 -0300, Gabriel Stein wrote:
Hey,

I have a Sis190 which works realy fine in openSUSE 10.3. Today I
installed the openSUSE 11 RC1 and the wired network(internet) don´t
works. I tried to put manual routes, put nameservers on
/etc/resolv.conf... the internet don´t works, only a local traffic.

I see some errors on ifconfig, so strange. I never had this kind of
error on openSUSE 10.3.

Finally, the armagedon: With network not working, my video sis 671/771
doens´t work. On openSUSE 10.3 I just copy the sis 2D drivers to
correct directory, change the xorg.conf file and works!

Someone have this problem? I want to put my notebook on trash after
this problems and Sis chipset.

Three things:

1. Discussion about openSUSE 11.0 should be in the opensuse-factory
mailinglist until it's final release on June 19th. If you're testing it
out you should subscribe anyway, it gives you a lot of good information.

2. http://bugs.opensuse.org/ Those look like bugs to me, especially if
it's happening in 11.0 but not in 10.3.

3. Thanks for testing openSUSE 11.0!
--