Re: [opensuse] solved (+ OT rant): cannot connect to WLAN
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 00:20:22 +0200 (CEST)

The Tuesday 2008-06-03 at 23:38 +0200, Daniel Bauer wrote:

And guess what: the supporter asked me to open Internet-Exploder, connect via
cable to the modem-router and tell him what was written on the screen....
That was all! Just open a browser! I could have done that with any operating
system. But Telefonica insists that the Browser must be opened with Windows!
¡increíble!

ROTFL! X'-)

Now you know why we lie to them :-p

I guess M$ pays quite a sum to Telefonica for this
unbelievable "information"...

No, I don't think so.

The "support personnel" are just "floreros", ie, flower pots. They know very little and they are paid very little. They just follow the book. They know a bit about computers, which simply means they know a bit of windows.

Actually, the technicians inside do use unix and linux, and windows, and many other specialized things. I know, I have been inside.

My router, which is a Telefonica supplied router, runs linux...

[/rant]

Sorry to fill your mailbox with that - I just had to get rid of the feelings.

Thanks to the list people for the help and hints.

Next time, look it up on those webs I said, that's where we bitch about all our telefonicas and tell one another how to solve things ;-)

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
< Previous Next >