Re: [opensuse] wireless doesn't work in suse 11 RC1
  • From: "Larry Stotler" <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 10:06:03 -0400
On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 2:22 AM, Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Please please pretty please open bugreports.

Not sure why you targeted my email about having a bug report open with this.

As I stated before, there are problems with the support with the new
ath5k driver and card support for older cards. I'm not sure why these
guys are having problems with the 5212. However, perhaps it would
help if they checked out the madwifi site and see what info there is.
The ath5k driver is basically still in alpha stage from what I have
read, so personally, I'm glad it works at all.

Honestly guys, since this is a kernel module that's not included with
the kernel, I don't know that it's totally appropriate to bitch to the
opensuse devs about the problem. Personally, I'd be happy to just see
a note about it in the release notes or maybe a popup in the network
config that warns that the driver is still in the early stages.

Not only that, the madwifi site does have a 11.x repository already
setup for the madwifi driver. They've done this for openSUSE for some
time now.