Re: [opensuse] wireless doesn't work in suse 11 RC1
  • From: "Larry Stotler" <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 23:26:36 -0400
On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 10:19 PM, Peter Van Lone <petervl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The question for me is why would open suse not have support for
devices? I'm sick of hearing either "but it just works in Ubuntu" or
"but it just works in Windows"!

I have a bug open about this. What's strange is that my 5212/5213
based card works just fine with the ath5k driver. However, my 2413
card won't. I have to compile the madwifi driver to use that one.
The problem I am having is that the 2413 based card is detected and
then YaST tried to use the ath5k driver and says that it is installed
and working. Then the card doesn't see any networks,