Re: [opensuse] wireless doesn't work in suse 11 RC1
  • From: Ken Schneider <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 22:40:35 -0400
Peter Van Lone pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Masim Vavai Sugianto <vavai@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have same problem with AR-5212. Wifi driver ath5k doesn't work. You
have 2 choice for this kind problem :

1. Manually install madwifi driver from tar.gz (madwifi.org), with
standar ./configure, make and make install. You must have gcc, make
and kernel-source for this

2. Marek Stopka has built madwifi driver for openSUSE. Please take a
look here :
http://www.m4r3k.org/english/opensuse-linux/madwifi-driver-for-opensuse-110/

I choose the first option and my AR-5212 worked flawlessly.

The question for me is why would open suse not have support for
devices? I'm sick of hearing either "but it just works in Ubuntu" or
"but it just works in Windows"!

GAH!

Peter

openSUSE adheres strictly to licensing issues where Ubunto doesn't seem to care if they get sued.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998