Re: [opensuse] Re: opensuse
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 00:04:31 +0200 (CEST)

The Monday 2008-06-02 at 21:06 +0100, Richard Ibbotson wrote:

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Do you have enabled "questionable" repositories? I mean, anything outside the
official oss, non-oss, and updates. You might be using something experimental,
perhaps :-?

Uhhmm... if I could start YaST or find a way to manually hack the
repository lines then I could tell you. Where is the list of
repositories stored in OpenSuSE ? But, even if I can do that it
might not help me to avoid a re-install.

Good question, it must be a state secret .-p

Try this instead:

zypper -v lr

it might work. it is the engine behind.

Did you try "yast" inside an xterm or text console? It works in ncurses mode. It might work for you if what is broken are the graphic libraries.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.