[opensuse] Keeping ZENworks off and Just Being Able to Install New Software
  • From: Rick Bilonick <rab@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 15:50:02 -0400
Every time I open "installation source" synchronize with ZENWorks is
checked. Then when I try to "Add Product", it always times out because
it cannot connect with ZENWorks. I have no idea what ZENWorks is.

All I want to do is add some packages from an online repository for
openSUSE 10.1. I go into Add Product and I have to paste in the URL for
the 10.1 repository. What is the use of "installation source"? What is
the point of setting up repositories to use if yast NEVER uses them?

Why is updating SLED so difficult and confusing?

Rick B.