RE: [opensuse] apache config and moinmoin
I try to install the moinmoin wiki on openSUSE (two isntalls, 10.2 and
10.3)

I can run the cgi script and it gives html output, so the install
seems fine (from console)

but I can't make apache find the wiki.

this one uses cgi and python.

according to moinmoin help files, one should have

Alias /wiki/ "/usr/local/share/moin/htdocs/"
ScriptAlias /mywiki "/srv/www/moin/homemoin/cgi-bin/moin.cgi"

setup in httpd.conf - I add them to vhost.d/local.conf.

I get a access denied 403 error. same if I set a link from htdocs to
the wiki folder, same with rwx for all...

apache setup??

thanks

jdd

Have you checked your apache error log (/var/log/apache2/error_log by
default) to see why exactly it's failing ? My best guess would be either
"AllowOverride none" is in action.

--
Best regards,
Nick Zeljkovic