[opensuse] KDE 3 and KDE 4 konqueror oddity
  • From: Adam Jimerson <vendion@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 13:06:07 -0400
I have noticed an oddity between KDE 3 and KDE 4 Konqueror's web rendering
ability, KDE 3 Konqueror works fine but KDE 4 Konqueor has problems some
pages works fine (Google is one such site), some pages only partly renders
(opensuse.org is one such site), and some pages doesn't render at all
(www.newegg.com is one such site). I have taken some screen shots to show
what I am talking about.

webpages.charter.net/vendion/konqueror/konqueror3-1.png
webpages.charter.net/vendion/konqueror/konqueror3-2.png
webpages.charter.net/vendion/konqueror/konqueror3-3.png
webpages.charter.net/vendion/konqueror/konqueror4-1.png
webpages.charter.net/vendion/konqueror/konqueror4-2.png
webpages.charter.net/vendion/konqueror/konqueror4-3.png

I don't know if this problem is if I am missing something KDE 4 Konqueror
needs to render websites correctly or if it was a bug but I was wondering if
someone here would be able to tell.
--
"We must plan for freedom, and not only for security, if for no other reason
than only freedom can make security more secure." Karl Popper