Re: [opensuse] bug in opensuse 11.0 RC1
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 15:24:58 -0400
eddie wrote:
Just a quick question. Having tried out opensuse 11.0 RC1, I think I have uncovered a bug and I just wanted to check if I should report it through the normal bug reporting methods or is there something specific setup for developmental programs?

In case anyone is curious, my laptop has a intel 3945 wireless card. It configures etc. without any problems however, whenever I reboot the network card fails and I have to rerun yast network setup, even without needing to change anything because the setting in yast are retained. I have to manually setup routing and dns (edit the /etc/resolv.conf file).

Yep.......also have to do the same thing with the 3495 chipset! UNfortunately, they're using the iwl3495/iwl3945 driver. The iwp* drivers are the older drivers and the MUCH BETTER drivers.

Fred

--
Linux is an old Latin word meaning, "I don't have
to support your Windows anymore."