Re: [opensuse] Duplex printing with KDE4
  • From: John Layt <johnlayt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 23:00:54 +0100
On Monday 26 May 2008, Klaas Tammling wrote:
Hi,

a few weeks ago I switched over to KDE4. Now I want to print something
with duplex enabled. I know that my printer can actually do it because
under kde3 it worked perfectly when I told it to.

However under KDE4 I open a pdf with okular, want to print it and the
duplex option is completely disabled, greyed out. In addition Okular
tells me that the type of my printer is writing a postscript file and
not a printer which is running over cups in my network.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks

Are you using Qt 4.4 and have only one or two printers configured in CUPS? If
so, there appears to be a bug with the Qt Print Dialog (which KDE now uses)
that sets things up wrong. If you have three printers installed (or the same
one three times), it will then work properly.

I'll be filing a bug report and patch with the trolls, so hopefully it gets
fixed in 4.0.1.

John.