Re: [opensuse] Bad Magic
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 02:52:33 +0200 (CEST)

The Wednesday 2008-05-28 at 16:09 -0700, Kai Ponte wrote:

I believe I saw this same error but with different packages. This
happens on an old test machine with a flaky hard drive during install.
What I did to work around this was to go to ( while the error was
showing in the install window ) ctrl-alt F2 and chroot to the install
directory and run rpm --rebuilddb. When the rebuild was finished I
exited the chroot environment, go back to the install screen with alt F7
and hit retry to continue the installation.

thanks, Ken.

I did hit ctrl-alt-f2, which downgraded me to the command line. (I ended up
having to hit ctrl-alt-del to restart the computer.)

Oh, my!

Didn't you know that [Alt][F7] returns to the graphics session? It doesn't close anything.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.