Re: [opensuse] RE: Best fit Windows windowing between KDE vs Gnome
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 21:46:52 +0200 (CEST)

The Wednesday 2008-05-28 at 10:16 -0700, Sloan wrote:

You forget that gnome also has multiple desktops.

You removed the portion of my post that said "as shipped in the past few suse releases" - yes, gnome can be set up for multiple desktops, but an option is apparently so well hidden that it's not uncommon for new gnome users to be unaware that the option exists.

Maybe I did, but I've been using gnome for years, I have 10.3, and I use and used multiple desktops (nine). Yes, the setting is not trivial to find, but it is there. Most if not all of the linux X things, not only gnome and kde, have multiple desktops, I think.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.