Re: [opensuse] SUSE, VBox and Gamer
  • From: Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 10:11:46 -0700
Clayton wrote:
There are loads of gaming options... Linux is not all command line and
word processors... so don't give up. I am an avid gamer. I use only
Linux... and I get along just fine with feeding my daily gaming fix

Hey that's cool - I've been a full time linux user for quite a while myself, and also play games. Heck, I've purchased a lot of 3D FPS titles - the doom series, the quake series, RtCW, ut2000/2004, and others of the genre.

I've stayed with native linux games though, not wanting to toss my hard earned cash to firms that won't support my chosen OS platform, but I am curious how well the various wintendo emulation solutions are working these days.

What is the quality of game play in games under wine? ISTR an annoying lag between mouse/keyboard events and the corresponding reaction on the screen with the programs I've run under wine a few years ago - that would be rather irritating in game play. Do you detect a big difference between native linux games and wintendo games under wine/cedega?

Joe