[opensuse] Re: K3B doesn't complete write verification
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 16:17:28 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 27 May 2008 22:26:58 -1000, kanenas-4S9g3957RhF54TAoqtyWWQ wrote:

On Tuesday 27 May 2008 02:56:25 pm Jim Henderson wrote:
On Tue, 27 May 2008 18:47:27 -0600, Jason Bailey, Sun Advocate
Webmaster

wrote:
All I know is that it worked before I added packman. Maybe the
version included in packman (which is obviously newer than the one
that came with opensuse 10.3) has a bug. That is what you are getting
at, correct?

Yes, that's my guess. The odd thing is that I did actually get a few
burns that verified properly on version 1.0.4 from Packman. The 10.3
repos say that the version there is 1.0.3.

I don't find anything on my system to say when the package was updated,
but I believe I've been running this version (1.0.4) for a while now.

Jim

If anyone is looking for another testimony on the k3b verification
difficulty, I would like to add my obsevations as well. had to stop
"veryfying" about 6-8 months ago, otherwise a cd/dvd write would result
in a coaster... d.

Weird, I've not had any coasters come out as a result of verification
(which shouldn't write anything new to the disc). Can't argue with your
experience, but it sounds like something else was going on there...

Jim