Re: [opensuse] How to obtain 32 bit firefox?
  • From: Simon Roberts <thorpflyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 08:55:40 -0700 (PDT)
----- Original Message ----

From: Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxx>
To: Simon Roberts <thorpflyer@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: opensuse list <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 10:06:40 AM
Subject: Re: [opensuse] How to obtain 32 bit firefox?

Simon Roberts escribió:
Hi all,

I'm trying to get a 32 bit firefox (to support flash),

huh ? the firefox version installed by default in 64 bit systems does
support flash..care to explain what is your specific problem ?
Well, I installed 10.3 from the x86_64 Gnome CD. My internet connection (wired)
was up and it connected to both OSS and Non-OSS online repositories during the
install. However I can't run flash.

I go to pages that need flash and either get a modified page telling me
that I need to install flash (e.g. youtube) or I get a bar like the
popup warning thing, but that says "Additional plugins are required to
display all the media on this page" If I click the "Install missing
plugins" button, it offers me Adobe Flash, downloads the thing and the
install fails.

As I mentioned originally, rpm reported the system having flash player
installed, but it never worked. One thing I notice at the time was that there
was no mapping for .swf in the preferences->content->media page. (Still isn't,
and I have no idea how to put one there if that's the problem...)

Is there anything else I can tell you? Output of an rpm query? Some diagnostics
page from firefox itself?

I should point out that at this point I've been playing, so some things might
not be as out of the box any longer, but it definitely didn't work in the first
place, even though rpm reported a flash player present.

Any thoughts?
Vielen Dank,
Simon

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a
man is wise by his questions." — Naguib Mahfouz