Re: [opensuse] installing 10.3 on a disk with >15 partitions
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 15:30:54 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

The Tuesday 2008-05-27 at 12:55 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

I don't have a need for that many partitions, so this is not a
problem
for me, I just found it interesting. I think it would be a minor
change in YaST to use kpartx, but only for systems with more than 15
partitions. Possibly with a disclaimer of "unsupported etc". Just
like for JFS file system.

I would certainly prefer "supported" somehow.

Certainly - so would I (in the case of JFS), but sometime we have to
accept a reasonable compromise.

There are bugs on supported software that takes years to correct, so
one on an unsupported software would stay unsolved for decades.

Well, it would only be the support in YaST that would come under "not
officially supported". The software itself (device mapper etc) is
subject to normal open source support. (or lack thereof).

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich