Re: [opensuse] KDE4 and opensuse 11.0 [changed]
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 06:13:28 -0700

Like this:
KDE 3.5.9 and KDE 4.0.4 are both offered in the installer with clear
(I hope) text explaining the options available. There is no default
preselected. KDE 3 and KDE 4 are coinstallable (unlike most other
distros) and having made a choice at install time, you can install
the other one afterwards and switch between the two until you get
dizzy.

That sound good for someone who loves KDE, would like to see what's new
and improved in KDE 4 but is wary of burning bridges.

And along those lines, what sort of settings / config compatibility
issues might we expect if we do switch off between KDE 3 and KDE 4? Are
the two wholly separate? A completely separate complement of
applications and libraries using a completely non-overalapping set of
configuration and settings files?

Will

Randall Schulz