Re: [opensuse] SUSE, VBox and Gamer
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 08:54:55 -0400
On Tue, 27 May 2008 21:43:29 -0500
Hechler Family <dahechler@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not sure.
"You now what I say, get them kids off their little video games"
/sarcasm ;-)

Duaine,
What I would do in your situation would be to remain with Windows as
the primary system serving as the host os for virtualization, you can
then install SuSE 10.3 as a guest OS. This is certainly not the way
Linux people prefer, but assuming you are not going to buy a new
computer and dual booting is not an option, this will work, and your
teenager can play his games with Windows as a native OS.

Personally, I prefer Linux as the host os because it has a more robust
file system and does not blue screen. Virtualbox and VMWare should work
well in either situation.

Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846
PGP Key fingerprint: 3D1B 8377 A3C0 A5F2 ECBB CA3B 4607 4319 537C 5846
< Previous Next >