Re: [opensuse] Re: K3B doesn't complete write verification
  • From: kanenas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 22:26:58 -1000
On Tuesday 27 May 2008 02:56:25 pm Jim Henderson wrote:
On Tue, 27 May 2008 18:47:27 -0600, Jason Bailey, Sun Advocate Webmaster

wrote:
All I know is that it worked before I added packman. Maybe the version
included in packman (which is obviously newer than the one that came
with opensuse 10.3) has a bug. That is what you are getting at, correct?

Yes, that's my guess. The odd thing is that I did actually get a few
burns that verified properly on version 1.0.4 from Packman. The 10.3
repos say that the version there is 1.0.3.

I don't find anything on my system to say when the package was updated,
but I believe I've been running this version (1.0.4) for a while now.

Jim

If anyone is looking for another testimony on the k3b verification difficulty,
I would like to add my obsevations as well. had to stop "veryfying" about 6-8
months ago, otherwise a cd/dvd write would result in a coaster...
d.