Re: [opensuse] RE: REXX scripting language
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 08:07:11 +0200
Hechler Family wrote:

Coming from a 24 year mainframe and midrange background and being left
hanging out to dry - slowly, why was REXX never made mainstream in
Linux?

Because Linux has so many other choices. I'm from a mainframe
background myself (I used to write software for STK), and I've also
written a lot of REXX code (but many years ago).
Linux however has a multitude of scripting languages, and without having
really analysed it, REXX doesn't seem to fill any gap or niche.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich