[opensuse] RE: REXX scripting language
  • From: Hechler Family <dahechler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 23:53:39 -0500
Coming from a 24 year mainframe and midrange background and being left
hanging out to dry - slowly, why was REXX never made mainstream in Linux?

To my knowledge, it is still heavily used In production in shops that
still have the mainframe and midrange, as a crossover / cross interface
tool with Windows and Linux.

In my usages, I did some simple things, like, build a text based
horizontal and vertical bar chart report writer converted from BASIC, to
my most complicated was to read 370 object code and re-create to 370
Assembler Source

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ