Re: [opensuse] Re: Upgrade from 11.0 beta3 to beta3 plus?
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 23:21:37 -0400
* "Andrés G. Aragoneses" <knocte@xxxxxxxxx> [05-26-08 22:11]:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

But you are already using factory... Beta 3 is just a snapshot of
factory. If you update distro using yast or zypper, it will be b3+ if
you happen to update at the exact moment in time, but in all cases it is
just factory, and a moving target.

Thanks for your email, but factory is indeed what you have said, and I
don't want a moving target, but a frozen snapshot, and I believie that
beta3+ certainly is one. How can I upgrade to the last "official"
snapshot (not factory)?

that would be 10.3 which is about seven months old.

"factory" is *always* going to be a moving target until it is gold and
then it will not be "factory", but 11.0 in the present case. The last
"not moving target" available would be the last release, 10.3.