[opensuse] Can't get nfs to start
  • From: Robert Smits <bob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 08:52:06 -0700
Recently, my laptop started showing its age, so I ended up replacing the hard
drive, the ac power jack, and the memory. It all appears to be working
satisfactorily.

I've reinstalled OpenSuse 10.3.

What I do not seem able to do is get at my nfs server to download all my
backed up documents, etc.

I'm using the machine as the server. Not Changed except for changing from
allowing only a specific machine to connect to allowing anyone on my subnet
to connect. (Changed from 192.168.1.205 to 192.168.1.*) It wasn't working
before I changed it either.

I've tried configuring the laptop both as dhcp and as static ip.

To get the nfs service running, I go to YAST, NFS Client.

I add a client, in this case the full ip address of my server - 192.168.1.200

All the exported nfs directories show up.

I select one, browse to a new directory that is created just for
this, /network/documents/ and finish.

It keeps telling me it can't mount the entry from /etc/fstab.

The firewall is off.

What else can I do here - I need my laptop for a presentation tonight!

Bob.

--
Bob Smits Ph 250-245-2553 Fax 250-245-5531 E-mail bob@xxxxxxxxx