Re: [opensuse] Computer freezes on start up -- one account only
  • From: JP Rosevear <jpr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 10:08:13 -0400
On Mon, 2008-05-26 at 09:01 -0400, Paul Grope wrote:
I'm running SUSE 10.0 with Gnome. On normal startup, computer freezes
when loading x windows.

If I startup in failsafe mode and sign on with different account, I
can start x windows no problem.

But if I sign in with my default account and try to start x windows, I
get the same freezing problem. computer just hangs in middle of

Obviously, it isn't liking something that is being accessed when
starting x windows in that particular account. Where should I be
looking?

/var/log/X* to start.

-JP
--