RE: [opensuse] Watching DVD's
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 14:29:39 +0200 (CEST)

The Monday 2008-05-26 at 13:55 +0200, Cornelius Franken wrote:

Right thanks for the answer. Since I don't have internet at home I would
have to download them at the office and then install. Do I download all
the contents of the i586 directory and install them.

Installing rpm from a repo without internet access is not trivial. It is quite hard, in fact, because you can't know what packages an rpm will depend on nowdays (rpm will report the libraries it needs, not the rpms).

What I would do is compile them myself, and I would choose xine. You would need xine-ui, xinelib, and libdvdcss (possibly illegal, but necessary). Maybe you would need extra codecs later (from packman).

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.