RE: [opensuse] Watching DVD's
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 14:13:51 +0200
On 26.05.2008 at 14:55, "Cornelius Franken" <Cornelius.Franken@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Right thanks for the answer. Since I don't have internet at home I would
have to download them at the office and then install. Do I download all
the contents of the i586 directory and install them.

Regards
Neil

Uh, that will make it a bit more difficult. You won't be able to install ALL
the rpms in the repository, as there are two conflicting ones (vlc-beta and
vlc).

There will even be dependencies to the openSUSE system. I can't guarantee that
you have this all activated already.

What you can try is in fact really download all the packages, and then try to
install using rpm.
Start with vlc, it will give you a bunch of dependencies that are not
satisfied. You should be able to figure out another package out of the missing
libraries (libffmpeg0, libmpeg2 are for sure needed...)

But having this without internet access will make it rather difficult for you
I'm afraid :(

Dominique