[opensuse] feature 302909: vpn
  • From: Hans Witvliet <hwit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 00:42:54 +0200
Perhaps someone can enlighten me on this....

On the feature list I found (as a welcome surprise) this :
strongSwan IKE.v2 (replacing openSwan) (Feature No: 302909)
Category: Network, Security
Test Result: idle

This is a detail of the overall IPv6 story.
We need IKEv2, and the best option currently is to switch to
strongSwan.

As stated above, status is set to done.
However, on beta-3, not only the media still contains its predescessor.
But strongswan is not even included. So how can it be tested (as part of
the repo)

My angle is this, is not so much the "ipv6 story" allthough much
advocating it, but more, that strongswan does support the use of
smartcards/etokens right out of the box, thus enhancing the leven of
security.

It's not that very much work has been going on on stronfswan lately.
Last change in the factory tree is dated on april-23rd

I was (at least) exoecting to find both of them.
Or do i misinterpret the feature list....

HtH, Hans