Re: [opensuse] Speech-to-Text
  • From: Donald D Henson <wepin-list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 04:18:02 -0600
Ed McCanless wrote:
Donald D Henson wrote:
Ed McCanless wrote:
Dragon Naturally Speaking works quite well, but the licensing is very restrictive.

-ED-

In what way?

Don Henson

The license dictates that you use the app on one machine only. You must go on line to receive a code to activate the app, and the code is good only for that machine.

I have heard that, if necessary, can obtain permission to move it to a new machine, but that involves contacting the company and convincing them that the new machine is the only one it will be used on.

-ED-
That's pretty restrictive, all right. However, my requirement is important enough to me that I will put up with stupid Eulas of the proprietary world. I have Parkinson's disease, and my typing skills are steadily degrading. I find that dragon makes it easier to prepare responses and write articles. I would prefer to use open-source, but I was not able to find anything that works. If you know of any, I'd sure like to hear about them.

Don.