Re: [opensuse] Please put DVDs on FTP
  • From: "Larry Stotler" <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 20:44:46 -0400
On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 8:37 PM, John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As it would happen, Slashdot has a pertinent story on this.
The comments are more enlightening than the original post.

http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/05/04/2230252

Yeah, I read that earlier. I can see that being a good use for it.
However, I have had torrents which were fractioned and had to
redownload via FTP to fix the problem. Always remember that the main
advantage for Linux is choice, not what someone thinks is the best. I
can still run openSuSE on my Powerbook Wallstreet with a G3/266 and
the devs help fix any problems I find even though it's a 10 year old
computer. That's one of the biggest reasons I've always stuck with
SuSE is because it works on my hardware. I was grateful that they
re-added PPC support with v10.0(which I have beta tested for them for
what 4 years now since they returned support). Most distros have
dropped support for PPC and/or Old World machines, but so far not
SuSE. So, having a choice of download options is better as well.
IMHO at least.